Fixed Wire Testing
We offer a cost effective solution to what can be a complex and expensive problem.
Fixed Wire Testing is also known as the following:
- Fixed Installation Testing
- Electrical Testing
- Periodic Inspection Report (PIR)
- Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR)
All electrical installations deteriorate with age and use. They should therefore be inspected and tested at appropriate intervals to check whether they are in a satisfactory condition for continued service. Such safety checks are commonly referred to as ‘periodic inspection and testing’.
A periodic inspection will:
- Reveal if any of your electrical circuits or equipment are overloaded.
- Find any potential electric shock risks and fire hazards.
- Identify any defective electrical work
- Highlight any lack of earthing or bonding.
Tests are also carried out on wiring and fixed electrical equipment to check that they are safe. A schedule of circuits is also provided, which is invaluable for a property.